The Reimbursement staff at Ottobock fields more than 2800 calls from patients and practitioners annually. Many of these calls are requests for documentation to support reimbursement of prosthetic, orthotic, and mobility products and therapies.
After we help a customer solve a challenge, we often create a tool that can help other people navigate the same challenge. In this section, you will find a variety of tools to help you create proper documentation for billing and coding purposes.
Please note that the responsibility for accurate coding lies with the patient care facility that selects the product, fits the patient, and bills for the service. If you have questions, please call 800 328 4058, during regular business hours, and ask to speak with a reimbursement specialist, or you can email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more tools and education specific to audit preparation and response, please see the links below.
Prosthetic Documentation Guides
- Lower Limb Prosthetic Documentation Packet - includes Documentation Guide, Checklist, Fax Request, Documenting Functional Levels, Documenting a Replacement, Signature Guide and Changing the Medical Record
- Lower Limb Daily Activity Chart - A fillable template for listing activities that patient has done in the past and would like to get back to using a new device.
- Microprocessor Knee Knee Comparison for Charting Activities - Describes different Ottobock MPK capabilities as they correspond with activity levels
- Documentation Tips for Stance Control Microprocessor Knees - Describes documentation to aid in reimbursement
- Upper Limb Prosthetic Documentation Packet - includes Documentation Guide, Checklist, Fax Request, Myoelectric Justification and Daily Activity Chart template
Orthotics Documentation Guides