This FIT KIT is testing equipment designed to facilitate the correct choice of a WalkOn AFO (ankle foot orthoses). The objective is to assess if a WalkOn or a WalkOn Trimable is appropriate for the patient. The purpose is not to evaluate the correct size.
The FIT KIT is suited for both WalkOn 28U11 (our classic model) and 28U23 WalkOn Trimable (the classic model designed with a rubber sole attached on the footplate, which makes it easy to customize with the use of a simple pair of scissors).
The FIT KIT includes four products:
- 1 left 28U11/28U23 adapted to size 37 (fits shoe size 37-41)
- 1 right 28U11/28U23 adapted to size 37 (fits shoe size 37-41)
- 1 left 28U11/28U23 adapted to size 42 (fits shoe size 42-45)
- 1 right 28U11/28U23 adapted to size 42 (fits shoe size 42-45)
(Size 37 fits patients which have up to shoe size 41and size 42 fits patients which have up to shoe size 45).
How to use the FIT KIT?
- Choose a suitable product in terms of size and side for your patient.
- Place the AFO in the patient’s shoe, preferably under any removable insole.
- Apply the shoe and product onto the patient.
- Let the patient walk a short distance and evaluate the effectiveness of the AFO.
- If the result is positive, fit the patient with the appropriate size of a WalkOn or WalkOn Trimable, depending on whether you prefer to customize the sole with a grinding machine or a pair of scissors.
If the patient prefers a more flexible (softer) AFO, choose a WalkOn Flex, 28U22. (WalkOn Flex FIT KIT, article number. 28T2).
Note:As the size of the test-model is often not entirely correct, the patient may experience some pressure at the medial malleolus. This is remedied by a correct customized product, grinding or cutting according to our fitting instructions, (see the products IFU, instructions for use).
WalkOn - Information for Users
Product Information: 646D138 (EN/DE/FR/IT/ES/PT/SV/TR/RU)
Publish date: Mar 1, 2017
The WalkOn Range, Dynamic Lower Leg Orthoses - Information for physicians, orthotists and physiotherapists
Product Information: 646D387 (EN)
Publish date: Aug 1, 2014
The WalkOn Range - Dynamic Lower Leg Orthoses - Information for Practitioners
Product Information: 646F447 (EN)
Publish date: Jul 1, 2014
FIT KIT for WalkOn / WalkOn Trimable - Information for Practicioners
Product Information: 646D569 (EN/DE/IT/ES/NL/NO/SV/DA/CS/FI)
Publish date: Mar 1, 2013